Grandma's wedding photos that bring the past to life

There is nothing better than looking for snapshots from their past together with grandma and grandpa in old photo boxes and listening to the stories that go with them. Every time it is as if the faded memories of certain days from their past are brought back to life with a glance at every single photo.


These videos will warm your heart. (Scroll down to the article.)


Grandma and Grandpa often dig out their wedding photos on these occasions because this very special day is still as lively in their minds as if it had just been yesterday. But these moments, which were once captured on photo paper in order to give the people depicted on them a life full of precious memories, are also of the utmost importance for their children and grandchildren after their death. This is shown by the following 18 people who pay homage to their beloved grandmothers on the online platform Reddit with photos of their grandmothers on their wedding day:

1. “My paternal grandmother on their wedding day in 1924.”

Paternal Grandmother wedding day 1924 from r / OldSchoolCool

2. “My grandmother on her wedding day in 1945. She was 18 years old.”

My grandmother’s wedding day in 1945. She was 18. from r / OldSchoolCool

3. “My grandma was radiantly beautiful on her wedding day, even though a snow storm was raging (around 1940).”

My grandma looking radiant on her wedding day despite the snowstorm, c.1940 from r / OldSchoolCool

4. “My grandma, getting out of a Studebaker on her wedding day in 1956. She still owns the car today – completely restored. “

My grandma exiting a Studebaker on her wedding day in 1956. They still have the car fully restored today. from r / OldSchoolCool

5. “My grandmother on her wedding day in her parents’ drawing room, Chattanooga, Tennessee, in 1935.”

My grandmother on her wedding day in her parent’s parlor, Chattanooga, 1935, x-post. from r / Chattanooga

6. “My late grandmother in traditional Indian wedding garb on her wedding day in 1965.”

My late grandmother in the traditional Indian bridal dress on her wedding day, 1965. from r / OldSchoolCool

7. “My grandma only married my grandpa on the condition that she could wear a short pink dress to the wedding (1970).”

Grandma marrying my grandpa after declaring she would wear a short, pink dress as her wedding gown (1970). from r / OldSchoolCool

8. “My beautiful great-grandmother on her wedding day in 1927.”

My beautiful Great Grandma on her Wedding Day. 1927 from r / OldSchoolCool

9. “Grandma on her wedding anniversary in 1966 in Tecolotlan, Mexico.”

Grandma on her wedding day in 1966 in Tecolotlan, Mexico from r / OldSchoolCool

10. “My grandmother on her wedding day (1953).”

My grandma on her wedding day in 1953 from r / OldSchoolCool

11. “My grandma on her wedding day (1945) with the wedding dress that she sewed herself while studying design in New York.”

My grandma on her wedding day wearing the dress she made while studying costume design in New York circa 1945 from r / OldSchoolCool

12. “Grandma’s wedding photo from the 1930s.”

Gramma’s wedding picture from mid 1930s from r / OldSchoolCool

13. “My grandma in all her glory on her wedding day in the 1950s.”

My Grams in all her glory on her wedding day [1950s] from r / OldSchoolCool

14. “My grandma looked really hot on her wedding day in 1947.”

My Grandma, looking 🔥🔥🔥 on her wedding day in 1947 (Just check out that arched eyebrow!) From r / OldSchoolCool

15. “My grandma getting dressed for her 1958 wedding.”

My grandma getting ready for her wedding in 1958 from r / OldSchoolCool

16. “My grandma’s wedding in 1969.”

My grandma’s wedding day, 1969 from r / OldSchoolCool

17. “My grandma just showed me this photo. That was her on her wedding day in 1970. “

My grandma just showed me this photo. It’s her wedding day in 1970. from r / OldSchoolCool

18. “My great grandmother Ava on her wedding day in the mid-1920s.”

my great grandma Ava on her wedding day mid 1920s from r / OldSchoolCool

Photos from the past always have a little bit of magic in them. Do you also know your grandparents’ wedding photos?

More interesting and incredible photos from the past:

Thumbnail: © Reddit / miserendino

Read Also:

Related Posts